Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Are You Ready For Reunification?


Parent/Child reunification requires hard work and perseverance.
Answer the following questions as honestly as you can in assessing your level of preparedness for the journey ahead.
Choose 1 -2 - 3 - 4 for each questions:
1 Confident I have this skill
2 Still developing this skill
3 Don't have this skill
4 Open to help
Questions Returning Parent (RP) / Primary Parent (PP):
RP
I have the patience to start slowly and build increased parenting time as my child is able.
PP
I can support my child's need to a relationship with the RP.
RP
I can commit to consistency in parenting time.
PP
I can commit to provide my child for shared parenting consistently.
RP & PP
I will not abandon my parenting time plan at the first sign it isn't working.
RP & PP
I can protect my child from conflict between myself and the other parent.
RP & PP
I will not ask my child to take sides.
RP
I am prepared to explain my absence to my child and their other parent without blaming.
PP
I am prepared to support the RP in explaining his or her absence to my child.
RP & PP
I am willing to participate in counseling either individually or with my child to facilitate reunification.
RP
I have remedied past unsafe behaviors.
RP & PP
I can set aside my personal feelings for my child's other parent.
This process can be incredibly rewarding for your child. They can emerge a better adjusted child with the ability to have love and guidance from two parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment