Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Two Challenges for the Primary Parent When an Absent Parent Returns


Mistrust
I want to support my child's need for a relationship with the other parent but I am so afraid that I am setting my child up for hurt and disappointment,
Unresolved Feelings
I am still so angry toward the other parent for leaving that I just don't know how I am going to be face to face without showing my child my true feelings.
If these issues are present, don't proceed without professional help. The risks are much greater to the child when either parent rushes the process and ignores his or her own trust or other unresolved issues.
Get expert help when you need it. Appropriate services will provide direct help only when needed to support each parent and the children in achieving success. There will be more professional involvement at the beginning of the process and that will diminish as each family member gains the skills they need to be successful.
Transitions Family Program offers a forensic clinical therapy program specifically designed to help families with these kinds of difficult and challenging family transitions. You can complete an initial inquiry form online at www.transitionsfamilyprogram.org to learn more about the services.

No comments:

Post a Comment